New Lens!

Merry Christmas to meeee!

My in-laws got me a fabulous new lens: the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM. It's got a really useful range for most situations but with a larger aperture than my other zoom lens (an 18-200mm, which only widens to 3.5). Apparently, they no longer make it for my Sony's mount but my FIL was able to track one down! I've also been taking the opportunity to practice my manual focusing with it (aided by the setting in my camera that uses colored lines to alert me to what's focused and what isn't, because it's not always as obvious as you might think!)

image taken from the above website
You shouldn't be surprised if you see less 50mm shooting (at least for a little while) so I can get adjusted to my new lens! I'm especially looking forward to taking it on our next Caribbean vacation :)

I still have some fall pictures to post, and of COURSE I will be displaying my favorite Greece photos soon, so it may be a little while before my blog catches up with my real life shooting...and when it does, I can't wait to show more shots with this lens. 

In the meantime, here's a favorite taken with the new lens on New Year's Eve :) 

f/4, 1/60th, ISO-3200, 17mm
Completely unedited, so you may see this again once I've played with it




Comments

Popular Posts