It's all Greek to Me Part I: People

Once upon a time  I went to Greece and it was magical. I've done the Europe thing before (France, Italy, Italy again, Italy another time..) but never Greece. It had a similar Mediterranean vibe to Italy but was also wonderfully and completely itself. (Fun fact: when I told my dad that towns like Delphi reminded me of his hometown of Salandra, IT, he told me that in fact his town was founded by Greeks back in the day. So that explains that....)

There were a million photographic opportunities every day and I'd rather not jam a week's worth of memories into one post, so helpfully I've separated out people, places, and things

Kicking off the people shots we have: Mom

f/1.8, 1/40th, ISO-200, 50mm
Mom, with the "I saw my son for the first time in a month & I'm so happy" gleam in her eye
f/1.8, 1/50th, ISO-200, 50mm
The happy moment described above. Blurry but emotional. WHO IS CUTTING ONIONS?

f/3.5, 1/2000th, ISO-400, 18mm
Fun fact: Rocky loves a camera jammed in his face. 


f/1.8, 1/100th, ISO-400, 50mm
My editing style generally includes 1 out of every 50 pictures being turned black and white. It's edgy.


f/4.5, 1/80th, ISO-100, 35mm
Kate's smile says, "stop taking pictures of me weirdo!" 

f/4, 1/4000th, ISO-1600, 28mm
Some people aren't in to the blobs of colored light on people's faces, but I think those people are nuts. 
f/3.5, 1/800th, ISO-100, 18mm
I really did take this photo of myself. The assist goes to the rock I balanced my camera on. 

f/4, 1/320th, ISO-200,. 28mm
I over Lightroomed this one up, she's way too grainy. On the other hand, I love that it looks like a painting, especially in the background, so I'm keeping it in here. 

f/3.5, 1/200th, ISO-100, 18mm
I call this my "Delphi Selfie". Yes, I thought that up about a minute after doing it. Yes, I've told everyone who sees this picture. Yes, I'm strangely proud of myself for coming up with it. 

f 1.8, 1/1000th, ISO-400, 50mm
Part of a series of Big Rock beer photos that later would be the basis of labels for the "Big Rock Brew" J made at Christmas


f/3.5, 1/640th, ISO-200, 18mm
Celebrity sighting: Ryan in the flesh. 
Stay tuned for the aptly named: It's all Greek to Me Part II: Places
you know, if you wanna see less people and more... places. 



Comments

Popular Posts