Portrait Studio: My Goofballs

Despite technically having this blog for a couple of years now, I have yet to decide whether I prefer having all of one event or trip in one post or doing posts like these. At this point any creativity I have in thinking up titles is pretty much exhausted (and let's be honest, we were all surprised I could go this long without too many duplicate names) and I have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I can start repeating titles and no one will care but me. 

I am proud to say that I'm 99.98% sure I've never used the word "Goofball" before in a title, and quite possibly in a post, so that's saying something...especially seeing as I have a lot of goofballs in my immediate and extended family (and amongst my friends too, who unfortunately didn't have the joy of making it into this post seeing as I've barely had the time to write this out, let alone upload edit my shots from the weddings I went to this summer). 

And so the theme of this post is simple. "Portraits" (although at this point, many of my so-called portraits are candid people shots. But hey, if can Bill Clinton can have multiple definitions of what "is" is, then I can make portraits mean anything I want. <Feel free to insert a more "current" analogy of your choice here>) of people being goofy. Proceed at your own risk.
f/4, 1/20th, ISO-400, 45mm
PeekABoo!
f/2.8, 1/500th, ISO-100, 17mm
I could not have wished for a funnier or weirder pose from my niece :)

f/5.6, 1/160th, ISO-200, 45mm
My in laws know how to groooove
f/4, 1/2000th, ISO-100, 50mm
show us your inner raptor, J


f/3.5, 1/60th, ISO-400, 50mm
This is the face people make when they want you to take their picture, right??

f/6.3, 1/160th, ISO-100, 35mm
The composition isn't great but I still wanted to show there's a nephew being tickled under there and not just a happy niece
Capturing kids in their awesome/fun moments while also making a pretty picture is tough - they move so fast! 

f/3.5, 1/1250th, ISO-100, 40mm
Impromptu gymnastics at the beach

f/3.5, 1/3200th, ISO-100, 40mm
Who remembers wheelbarrows?!?

f/5, 1/100th, ISO-200, 17mm
Please buy me a pretty conch shell!

f/1.8, 1/3200th, ISO-200, 50mm
Apparently when you're on an island with awesome indoor a/c, your camera is going to fog up immediately upon getting outside. Then if like me you have a filter on, you'll find that you think you get all the fog wiped out but it turns out it was still just the outer fog and not the inner fog, and afterwards all your pictures look hazy like you all live in a castle on a cloud. Someday I will get better at defogging my camera. That someday hasn't happened as of a week ago, when I did it again while down in DC. 

f/3.5, 1/2000th, ISO-100, 35mm
This shot makes me happy. And no, despite the surreal looking hair, I didn't photoshop this pic. 
f/3.2, 1/200th, ISO-1600, 50mm
My dad, the maniacal fiend
f/4, 1/400th, ISO-100, 60mm
My brother with a dog. The dog is the one on the left, fyi.
f/3.5, 1/320th, ISO-100, 35mm
Big Rock advertises Cool Cat Brew, a J-brewed specialty.

f/2.8, 1/50th, ISO-400, 17mm
The entire purpose of this pose was to prevent J from being in the picture. I'd say it was mostly a success.

f/4, 1/200th, ISO-400, 70mm
Ew.

f/4, 1/400th, ISO-100, 60mm
It takes a lot of concentration to line your cars and trucks up right.

f/4, 1/2500th, ISO-100, 70mm
This is what happens when you tell them to stand normal and smile.

f/2.8, 1/40th, ISO-100, 17mm
This is pre, and not post, beer.
f/1.8, 1/4000th, ISO-100, 50mm
"Be a Mermaid"

And so I leave you again, intrepid readers. Go forth and prosper like the goofy nerds I know you all are. 

Comments

Popular Posts