Filter Fan-atic

As the summer has come to a close, I've become nostalgic for the beautiful blue skies we had these past several months. I've babbled for awhile about my super awesome polarizing filter. I'm sure I'll still have reason to use it as fall becomes winter and winter becomes spring, but I still wanted  to give a little shout out to my favorite filter.
f/25, 1/20th, ISO-100, 28mm
Taken at the very beginning of the summer in the park by my condo
f/4.5, 1/500th, ISO-100, 26mm
I think it's pretty obvious this is Fenway Park :) 
f/5.6, 1/500th, ISO-100, 70mm

f/4.5, 1/10th, ISO-200, 18mm
More St. John. I used the filter during sunset to get these deeper colors, including that vibrant orange. Yes, there's still vignetting happening in the corners but I'm okay with it. 

f/4.5, 1/60th, ISO-2000, 24mm
taken through the car window with a high ISO (look at all that "noise"!) in Colorado. Another enhanced sunset. 


f/36, 1/125th, ISO-400, 35mm
Copley place, early evening. I like the extra shadows from having the filter on. 

In other news, my handsome and awesome boyfriend got me two new lenses for my camera :) I can't wait to show them off! (Warning: might be a few weeks, I have at least one or two other posts in the works taken with my kit lens). RIP Kit Lens, he had a gruesome death after St. John. Sand and cameras are not friends - sand got into the lens, causing the autofocus feature to stop working properly, and even the manual focus had some issues. Now I have a fixed lens, 50mm (great for portraits!) and a zoom lens, 18-200mm, so I have a farther range than with my kit lens (which only went to 70mm). More details to come. 

Comments

Popular Posts