Home, home on the range...

I had the pleasure of joining the Langleys this year at their family farm in Colorado. The beautiful, flat terrain was different than anywhere I'd been before. And...sunflowers! Sunflowers, for those who don't know, are my absolute favorite flower. I hope to someday have some growing in my (future, currently nonexistent) backyard.
f/8, 1/250th, ISO-100, 20mm
The most notable part of this trip, besides the flatness, was the GIANT farm equipment! 

f/7.1, 1/125th, ISO-100, 28mm

f/8, 1/250th, ISO-100, 18mm
Even though there wasn't much blue sky in this picture, I appreciated what my polarizer did for this shot, darkening the background so the orange really popped. 

f/8, 1/200th, ISO-100, 28mm
I made Jason stop the car on a lonely county road just to take pictures of these beautiful sunflowers

f/4.5, 1/2500th, ISO-100, 24mm
We eventually found another great field, and after some sad attempts the night before with the light not quite working for us, we were able to get shots with the flowers and sky illuminated. 
f/9, 1/320th, ISO-100, 70mm
what a difference a day makes!
Here is the same scene the evening before, when the light is duller

f/5.6, 1/640th, ISO-100, 70mm
In case it's not devastatingly obvious, I used the polarizer filter for this and the other sunflower shots

f/5.6, 1/500th, ISO-100, 70mm
Our little songwriter. This can be the cover of her first album. 

Comments

Popular Posts