Beach Practice

There has only been one thing I've missed since moving, and that was the beautiful reservoir I could run around whenever I didn't want to run at the gym (which was basically every time I needed to run). Just over a mile and a half around, plus a little over a mile from my condo, it was the perfect distance for whatever kind of run I was feeling - short and brisk or long and leisurely. Then I moved to hill central, and if there's one thing I hate worse than (or maybe just as much as) running at the gym it's hill runs. I was starting to worry I might never  get back out there when it was suggested to me that I try running at the beach near our house. Score! Just over a mile and a half each way, plus around a mile and a half long, it really fills the gap I had (although I can't completely avoid hills, but at least the bulk of this route is flat). My first time down there, I drove, so I could just run back and forth in front of the beach..and then take some pictures. 
f/22, 1/1600th, ISO-3200, 200mm
One of several yacht clubs on the small stretch of sidewalked beach

f/22, 1/1250th, ISO-3200, 75mm
Stupid giant shadow
f/3.5, 1/4000th, ISO-1600, 18mm
My horizons have gotten moderately better since last year
f/6.3, 1/1250th, ISO-1600, 120mm

f/22, 1/1250th, ISO-3200, 18mm
Obviously, twilight is the time to come

It totally doesn't count but I also love these two shots I got with my phone camera..and a little Instagram help.


Amazing what a little phone camera can do these days!
Next week I will be in sunny and gorgeous Grand Cayman :-) Won't be any snow on those beaches...

Comments

Popular Posts