Old School

Thanks to my lovely friends Allie and Greg, I am now in possession of a vintage Pentax film camera and several amazing lenses - my current favorite of which is a fixed 50mm with a 1.7 f-stop. 

I went ahead and stocked up immediately on black and white film and back up batteries.
First step: get used to using the camera with the color film that was in it. Definitely ended up with some interestingly retro looking shots, like so - 



Note: the film had clearly been in there for years, hence the strange coloring. With new color film, I would expect it to not be quite so...pink. 

Second step: reload the camera with the new black and white film and bring on a super awesome trip. RUN CAMP!! 

Third step: discover after you've "used up" an entire roll and are no longer at camp that the film was not properly loaded. Make sad face, like so: 

my actual sad face, moments after the discovery

Fourth step: repeat step two, but with new events - Baby "Sprinkle" for sister in law and Father's day. Fifth step: discover you did it right this time, have them developed (to a reasonably priced professional studio that also gives you a CD in addition to the prints), and be entirely too pleased with yourself. :) 


















me, entirely too pleased with myself

**All pictures taken with the 50mm lens set at the 1.7 f-stop, described above. Due to the nature of the camera, I don't know what the exposures were for each shot. 



Comments

Popular Posts