On Assignment - Portrait Studio

I've discovered that I have a hard time doing a straight portrait. It really makes me understand the technique and talent that goes into being a wedding or portrait photographer. Candid shots are one thing (another favorite photo project of mine), but a straight on photo shoot is pretty daunting. I've started collecting some of my favorites from the past month; some were on purpose and some were spur of the moment.
f/5.6, 1/15th, ISO-800, 18mm
My beautiful Melly at her bridal shower. 


 f/5.6, 1/100th, ISO-1600, -.3 exposure, 40mm
Tammi being silly. I've been trying hard to get unnatural light to not make faces look so unnatural in photographs. 

f/4, 1/15th, ISO-100, -.3 exposure, 20mm
Another bride from this summer - Linnie outside at her bachelorette in NYC :) 
f/5.6, 1/30th, ISO-800, 35mm
The light is a little bright (especially since my face is the color of the wall, but that's normal for me) but I like that I was able to brighten all of us all over without shadows. Becca and Tammi look pretty good. 
f/4, 1/160th, ISO-1600, 20mm
Melly on the day of her wedding! 
Coming soon: Memorial Day BBQ with Em and Jason and Jason! 

Comments

Popular Posts