Beach Blues

Remember when I said I got a set of three filters a few months ago? One of them, the polarizing filter, came in handy during our vacation to Bethany Beach. (A technical explanation of the filter) It had a really pleasing effect on pictures with a lot of sky in them, making the sky a deeper blue that gets bluer higher and towards the edges. Unfortunately, it also caused vignetting on a lot of my pictures but it was easily edited out.

f/5.6, 1/500th, ISO-100, 22mm
I was honestly obsessed with these kayaks. How fantastic that they were set up like this, ready for me to take pictures? 

f/5.6, 1/500th, ISO-100, 18mm
I like the angles
I left a little vignetting up cause it's subtle and adds to the interesting angle

f/5.6, 1/500th, ISO-100, 70mm
There was an abundance of colors on the beach which were super inspiring

f/5.6, 1/800th, ISO-100, 20mm
What a great outfit
f/5.6, 1/500th, ISO-100, 50mm


f/5.6, 1/500th, ISO-100, 55mm

f/5.6, 1/640th, ISO-100, 60mm

Despite being mostly tans and blues, I was able to find some gorgeous colors on the beach (like those kayaks and beach umbrellas) that made the photos more interesting. I miss being at the beach already :(

Coming soon: photos of the month, more beach, and portraits! Keep cool in all this heat, people. 










Comments

Popular Posts