Flower Power Part Trois

Now that it's finally Spring (and in fact, Summer is right around the corner!) be prepared for more flower shots like last year. And last year some more. 

I'm finally in a house that came fully equipped with its own garden, which has been an exciting feature for me. First of all, there's nothing more amazing than coming outside and discovering a new flower growing in your backyard that a few months ago you had no idea existed since a. you didn't plant it and b. there was snow on the ground up until March. 

I busted out the macro tubes again for a few of these as well.
f/1.8, 1/125th, ISO-3200, 50mm
An oldie from back in January. Let's relive the beautiful flower arrangement from my awesome book club ladies!
f/1.8, 1/60th, ISO-1600, 50mm
These were taken a few days after I got them so there is some wilting but overall they held up REALLY well
f/1.8, 1/400th, ISO-200, 50mm
Not from my own garden but very vibrant in color

f/0, 1/500th, ISO-100
TULIPS

f/0, 1/2500th, ISO-100
DAFFODILS

f/1.8, 1/4000th, ISO-1600, 50mm
TULIPS AGAIN

f/1.8, 1/4000th, ISO-1600, 50mm
Ender inspecting the Garden
So far we've had daffodils, tulips, crocuses, and, most recently, roses. Anyone who knows me well also knows my favorite flower is the sunflower, so hopefully I can get some of those in the ground soon. As of Memorial Day weekend and with the help of my parents, we now have a veggie garden as well. Let's hope I can keep these things alive for the next few months!

Already have a few more from mid-May that I'm going to make a separate post about, PLUS I have to get out there ASAP to get pictures of the newly blooming roses!

Not sure WHAT will come out of here next. I just downloaded Adobe Lightroom so I'm hoping to play around in there a bit and come report back with what I learned. 

Comments

Popular Posts