It's All in the Details: Home for the Holidays

Today I woke up and said - "Let's post some Christmas photos!"
This is not merely wistfulness over the long-past holiday but also part of my crazy need to post photos on the blog before they appear in Facebook albums. Seeing as it's already April, it might truly be time to reminisce about the holidays and finally post a winter album online. 

So, to whet your holiday appetite, here's a few teaser shots of our holiday trips to Virginia and Connecticut. There were cookies, there were pajamas, there were glasses of champagne, and there were crazy party hats...only some of which made it into photos this year. 


f/1.8, 1/40th, ISO-400, 50mm
Someday I will learn to tie a bow like that.

f/1.8, 1/60th, ISO-800, 50mm
Not only did my MIL make me my own (really awesome) stocking this year,
but she also included this tiny one for Ender and Valentine (our cats, in case you missed one of my two cat posts...and yes
I know what you're thinking, it's been unacceptably too long since the last cat-themed post and I will
remedy that ASAP.)

f/4, 1/160th, ISO-1600, 70mm
No Christmas is complete without some messy cookie decorating.
I think the decorated cookie in the middle is a reindeer...or a bloated cow corpse. Not entirely sure.

f/3.2, 1/60th, ISO-3200, 28mm
No New Year's Eve is complete without champagne and annoying noisemakers! 

f/3.2, 1/125th, ISO-3200, 17mm

f/3.5, 1/30th, ISO-400, 35mm
This is approximately 1/8th of the giant Christmas tree my parents had
If you're all good boys and girls, next week I'll show you some of the photogenic people we spent our holiday with. 

Comments

Popular Posts