"I never went to sports games with him" "Probably because you call them sports games"

I was recently given the opportunity to sit in the best Red Sox seats I've ever sat in in my entire life. I probably will never again be in seats so spectacularly close to the action (although I don't want to say never ever, since I would jump at the chance to sit there again!) We even had a waitress. Yes, I had no idea there were waitresses at Fenway Park, or tvs in the wall between the seats and the field. I have never come so close to catching a fly ball either. It was amazing. 

Since I knew going into it that I would have fabulous seats, I dragged the camera along with me for the ride. As the day wore on and night came upon us, it was interesting to note the changes in color and lighting around me. While I loved the vivid colors from earlier in the evening, I got better views of the stadium as the sun went down and stopped casting shadows in various areas. 

f/5.6, 1/250th, ISO-100, 70mm
Used "pop color" setting and polarizer filter
The pitcher who started on J and I's first date almost five years ago :) 
f/5.6, 1/160th, ISO-100, 35mm
A little too much shadow in here 
f/4, 1/40th, ISO-100, 20mm

f/4, 1/250th, ISO-100, 18mm
I kept the vignetting on here, mainly because it's adding to an almost fisheye view of the stadium, despite not having a fisheye lens on the camera (definitely on my wish list though!) 

f/5, 1/40th, ISO-800, 28mm
BOSTON STRONG

As is true of 99.99% of all the Red Sox games I've ever been to, they WON! A great end to the evening.

Stay tuned next week for some twilight pictures at the beach. Also coming up are some close up portraits, a birthday party, and playing with light.


Comments

Popular Posts