A Skewed Perspective

I had a lot of fun compiling these photos. Now that I take at least one photo a day, I'm always working to make things a little more interesting. Let's be honest, most of my days are work, home, cats, sleep, repeat and my photos would start to look shockingly similar day by day since my available material can be...limited.

So, I started taking pictures of people's feet and hands, pictures from weird angles, pictures of things you wouldn't normally want a picture of. And I was pleasantly surprised :)

LEGS
f/5.6, 1/640th, ISO-800, 40mm
taken at Emily and Jason's engagement party during present opening time. 

f/5.6, 1/125th, ISO-200, 30mm
People watching on Newbury Street. I thought their legs were more interesting than their faces. 

CATS
f/4, 1/250th, ISO-400, 20mm
I think by now you know you can always count on me for cat photos
Stolen from my photos of the day collection but I thought it fit in here better
Long cat is looooong.

f/3.5, 1/50th, ISO-400, 18mm
Cat selfies are my fave

THE MIRROR IMAGE
f/7.1, 1/125th, ISO-400, 35mm
I've done the "picture through the sideview mirror" thing before but I like this one because of the added information - the view of me and my camera, the people on the sidewalk, etc. 
HANDS
f/1.8, 1/200th, ISO-1600, 50mm
Taken with my new 50mm fixed lens :) 

YOU KNOW, STUFF
f/4, 1/60th, ISO-800, 18mm
This was taken with my kit lens right after it started malfunctioning, which is why the focus isn't quite how I'd like it to be. But I still like looking at it anyways. Poor Jenna had to be across from me at the engagement party and therefore got a lot of candids taken of her.

Seriously, I almost had too many photos along this vein that I could have included but I'm going to save them for other posts. Necessity is the mother of invention, as someone famous once said long ago.
I've got a whole post of Emily and Jason engagement shots and some portraits with my new lens that I'm super excited about. I'm going to stop gushing about it for now, there will be plenty more gushing later. 

Comments

Popular Posts