A Cherry Blossom Race Without Cherries or Blossoms

I chose this entry to post today because even though I'm not displaying any runners, it's still some of the best shots I have of the atmosphere surrounding a race and the only kind of photographic tribute I can make for the injured and dead of the Boston Marathon tragedy the other day. While I was there, I don't have any particularly interesting or special photos to display. So instead, I present the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Race:

Last weekend we took a trip to VA for the Cherry Blossom race. We got out there so early there was some great lighting. The only thing missing were actual cherry blossoms! 

f/11, 1/125th, ISO 100, 20mm
Taken early in the morning as we waited for the race to start

f/14, 1/160th, ISO 100, 18mm
If this were a piece of artwork in a museum, it would undoubtedly be called "Reflecting at the Reflecting Pool"

f/11, 1/160th, ISO 100, 18mm
I love the perspective on this, with the crooked tree leaning in towards the Washington Monument and making it look like it's leaning too

f/10, 1/125th, ISO 100, 70mm
The only "cherry blossoms" around. Apparently they bloomed a day or two after we were there! 
All in all a beautiful, fun day. While I didn't get the photos I had planned in my head (all revolving around the cherry blossoms I expected), I'm still happy with what I got. 

Comments

Popular Posts